Thursday, August 30, 2012

finally learned how to add a direct link in a comment box!

I have to take a moment to send out a huge THANK YOU to Kristen from Ladybug's Teacher Files for posting a tutorial on how to leave a direct link to your blog in a comment. I've been reading so many blogs lately and I keep seeing these direct links, wondering how in the world everyone is doing it.

So I did what I always do when I want to learn something like this. I googled it! But, I all I really found was  a tutorial that might as well have been written in another language because after step one I was utterly confused. I now realize that it was my search terms in google that yielded such unhelpful results, which is crazy to me! Let me explain...

When I was teaching 5th grade it drove me nuts when I saw students look for information on google by typing in something like this...

 
I don't know how many times I would model for them, the "correct way" to search in google, or any other search engine. I remember sounding like a broken record, "Don't type in an entire question. Just type in the key words!".
 
Well, this time I have to eat my words, because when I typed in "how to leave a direct link to your blog in a comment", guess what? Success! TBA's post was the first on the list, and by far the most simple to follow.
 
Anyway, I guess it doesn't really matter how I found it, I'm just SO glad I did! Go ahead, go to her link above and learn for yourself. When you're finished, come back and test it out by leaving me a comment with your direct link. And be on the look out for mine because a commenting I go! :) Now, to figure out how to add a signature to my posts. Hmmm...what to google...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog! Do you know about the website heypasteit.com? You can copy the html you need for your direct link and bookmark it. Then, I just click on my bookmarks bar and copy over the link to then paste it easily when I need it! So convenient:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete